Our core values define who we are. When you get involved with Tuff Services Ministries, you can expect to see these values reflected in our programs, our philosophy, and our relationship with our community.
- Integrity: We strive for integrity and respect in our relationships with others.
- Collaboration: We work together appreciating that collaboration pools wisdom.
- Excellence: We are committed to excellence and innovation, development, and delivery of the highest quality programs.
- Support: Listening and responding thoughtfully is inherent in all that we do.
- Passion: We are passionate about helping others save lives. Their success is our success.
- Balance: We prize productive work as well as time for play and self-care.
- Growth: We are dedicated to sustainability and growth, recognizing that this stewardship will enable us to fulfill our mission.
- Responsibility: We encourage community development by supporting local sustainability and eco-friendly processes.
Ranging from 90 minutes to a half a day, suicideTALK invites all participants—regardless of prior training or experience—to become more aware of suicide prevention opportunities in their community. Dealing openly with the stigma around suicide, this exploration focuses upon the question "Should we talk about suicide?" By looking at this question in a number of different ways, session members can discover some of the beliefs and ideas about suicide in their communities—and in themselves. suicideTALK participants learn…
- How suicide is a serious community health problem that is often misunderstood
- How personal and community beliefs about suicide affect suicide stigma and safety
- How the steps taught in LivingWorks’ safeTALK program can be used to help prevent suicide
- How to get involved in life protection, preservation, and promotion activities in the community
SafeTALK is a half-day alertness workshop that prepares anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST.
Since its development in 2006, SafeTALK has been used in over 20 countries around the world, and more than 200 selectable video vignettes have been produced to tailor the program’s audio-visual component for diverse audiences. safeTALK-trained helpers are an important part of suicide-safer communities, working alongside intervention resources to identify and avert suicide risks.
- Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
- Access to support from a local community resource person
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development
This is a 3.5 hour class and does provide approved CEU/CME Credits. You MUST attend the entire class time to receive your course certification and CEU/CME Credits. A course certificate will be provided at the workshop conclusion. CEU Certificates will be emailed to you within 5-7 days upon the completion of the course. (*Please note that snacks will be provided)
The costs are as follows:
1. *FREE per individual -Standard Package
2. *FREE per individual -CEU Credits Included
*Workshop and class fees are currently being provided FREE under a grant as hosted by: The Care Coalition
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is for everyone 16 or older—regardless of prior experience—who wants to be able to provide suicide first aid. Shown by major studies to significantly reduce suicidality, the ASIST model teaches effective intervention skills while helping to build suicide prevention networks in the community.
Virtually anyone age 16 or older, regardless of prior experience or training, can become an ASIST-trained caregiver. Developed in 1983 and regularly updated to reflect improvements in knowledge and practice, ASIST is the world’s leading suicide intervention workshop. During the two-day interactive session, participants learn to intervene and help prevent the immediate risk of suicide. Over 1,000,000 people have taken the workshop, and studies have proven that the ASIST method helps reduce suicidal feelings for those at risk.
- Presentations and guidance from two LivingWorks registered trainers
- A scientifically proven intervention model
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- Group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- A balance of challenge and safety
**Calendar Of Classes and Workshops**
All class and workshop dates will be posted for your convenience up-to 6 months in advance. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office at: (800) 649-0925.