“Next Step” Partner
Amy Frost, MBA and MA Spiritual Psychology, Author of Making a Living While Having a Life
“My passion is supporting people in their lives and at work using cutting edge as well as tried and true tools and techniques to stay calm in adversity, to be productive, successful and optimistic even happy.”
Amy has worked with thousands of managers and employees dealing with a multitude of workplace related issues that impact company morale and productivity. She is an accomplished trainer, facilitator, radio and podcast host, educator, keynote presenter, life management coach, career coach, and writer. Amy worked for the Department of Defense for 20 years as a contract negotiator and a Total Quality Management (TQM) facilitator. She was on faculty at the University of Phoenix where she was distinguished as an outstanding faculty member and was a faculty mentor. In 2012, she was given the Oprah Magazine, Crocs Cares and Nonprofit Sector Foundation Stepping Up to your Purpose and Walking for Good Award. In 2018, she was given the Humanitarian of the Year award by the Association of Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP).
Objective: To use my education and broad base of work experience in the public and private sectors to motivate and inspire individuals, teams and organizations to live and work consciously. My passion drives me to select projects that focus on personal development, coaching individuals and groups to achieve their goals, and promoting self mastery in the workplace.
Master of Arts, Applied Psychology University of Santa Monica, 1996Master of Business Administration Cal State University San Bernardino, 1987
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration University of Nebraska, 1981
Summary of Qualifications::
- “Business Expert” EMG Radio Show, weekly, at UNLV - 91.5 KUNV
- Co-Host weekly Transformation-Café.com Podcast
- Frequent Interviewee on Radio and TV shows
- National and Regional Keynote Speaker and Workshop Presenter
- Co-Hosted and Hosted two-hour radio talk show KKLA - The Next Step
- Twenty-one years with the Federal Government; Contract Negotiator, Total Quality Management (TQM) Facilitator/Trainer
- Civilian Employee Organization Chairperson (Liaison between Commander and 500 civilian employees)
Professional Associations/Professional Designation:
- Assn of Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP) Member and Humanitarian Committee Member
- Member of the National Career Development Association
- American Society for Training & Development So. CA - Co-President & Director of Programs
- Director National Association of Female Executives (NAFE) Las Vegas Chapter; Chair DeStress Conference and was given NAFE National Award for Special Event, Co-Chair Building Bridges to Better Business Conference; NAFE Inland Empire Training Director
- Program Director of Monthly Professional and Personal Development Lunch Series for Resource Center for Nonprofit Management Inland Empire (IE)
- Professional Designation in Contract Management from the Air Force Institute of Technology and National Contract Management Association (Master’s Degree equivalent)
- 2018 ACEP Humanitarian of the Year
- 2012 Oprah Magazine and Crocs Cares Stepping Up and Out for Good Award Winner
- Volunteer of the Year Award for work at the Resource Center of Nonprofit Management (Inland Empire)
- Named as one of the “Top 50 Women Who Make a Difference” in Inland Empire Business Journal Magazine Edition
- Civilian of the Year, Norton Air Force Base
- Training for Trainers; Team Facilitation Training Leadership in Facilitation Training
- Total Quality Management Training Mindfulness Meditation Training
- Job Loss Recovery Program Facilitator Thought Field Therapy Peer Facilitator
- Trauma/Tension Tapping Technique (TTT) EFT for Careers
- “Power Tools for Career Transitions and Advancing Your Career” Bi-annual UNLV Veteran Career Fairs
- “Living a Self-Care (Self Resilient) Life Style – NO REALLY!” at Regional VA Hospital and Veteran centers in Las Vegas and at Veteran programs throughout Las Vegas
- “Bringing Emotional First Aid to Your Community – Creating Community ACTION Teams” with Cindy Baker, M.Ed., DCEP Licensed School Psychologist and Dr. Kristin Miller Trauma Specialist ACEP Conference
- "Moving from Burnout to Inspiration" at the National Hospice Conference and at the National Conference of the National Association for Female Executives (NAFE)
- “Embracing Change” with Felice Willat, Creator of Day Runner, at the International Wellness Conference.
- Created and chaired the NAFE national award-winning De-Stress Conferences
- “Overcoming the Influence of Past Trauma on Intuition” with Trine Eich-Koehn at the ACEP Conference
- Frost & Miller, (Fall 2017), Following the Yellow Brick Road: Bringing Humanitarian Work to Our Communities through the Veteran to Veteran TFT Healing Project, The Energy Field
- Frost, A., Rutigliano, K. (2016). “Leading with Intention: The Power of Must, Will and Now” Encyclopedia of Strategic Leadership and Management, (Vol. 1). PA: IGI-Global
- Joseph. L., Frost, A., Rutigliano, K. (2016) Navigating the 'White Water' of Career Transitions: What Every Leader Should Know with” Encyclopedia of Strategic Leadership and Management, (Vol. 1). PA: IGI-Global
- Frost, A., Rutigliano, K. (2016). "The Leadership Imperative of Self Care" Encyclopedia of Strategic Leadership and Management, (Vol. 1). PA: IGI-Global
- Delivering Happiness ongoing guest blogger www.deliveringhappiness.com (2012-14)
- Frost, Amy. (2012) Making a Living with Your Purpose Career Work Book
- Frost, Amy Lynn, (2007) Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine, Living Your Purpose While Working Your Treatment
- Frost, A.L., & Ronan, Ann, (2003) When Work Isn't Working, Trafford Publishing
- Author of quarterly column called "Dear Amy" for For You Magazine (2001-2)
- Frost, Amy Lynn and Wallace Cheryl A. (2000) Trust at Work, April 2000, Inland Empire Business Journal (IEBJ)
- Frost, A.L. & Smith-Stoner, M. (1999) Hope Skills, Sep 99, Nursing99. Springhouse
- Frost, A.L. (1999) Taking Care of YOU increases your Bottom-Line, IEBJ, Apr 99
- Frost, A.L. & Smith-Stoner, M. (1998) Coping with Grief and Loss (Self-Care Strategies), Feb 98. Nursing98. Springhouse
- Frost, A.L. & Smith-Stoner, M. (l997) Nursing the Nurse, Nov/Dec 97, Nursing Focus
- Frost, A.L., The Messenger, Nov 97 - 2002, monthly column -- “Surviving in the World of Business”
Professional Work Experience:
- Veterans Transition Resource Center and Life After Active Duty. (2015 to 2017) Programs Director. Create and facilitate career and life enhancement programs. Collaborate to bring in resources, volunteers and programs for military, veterans, their family members and caregivers.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - (1997 to Present) Coach individual clients. Prepare and deliver workshops through the Community Action EAP to companies throughout the country on Anger Management, Humor at Work, Surviving Change, Communication Skills, Working Cohesively Together, and Handling Difficult People, Healthy Living and other life/business skills.
- Music 4 Life. (2013-2015) Wellness Program Coordinator. Create and facilitate wellness workshops and programs utilizing Music Medicine. Co-Host of weekly Dare to Be Happy Radio show.
- Nonprofit Sector Foundation. (2008-2013) National Training Director and Corporate Consciousness Officer. Worked with profits and nonprofits to support causes sustainability and bringing the community together to support good works.
- Authentic Success Teams, LLC. (2006 to 2008) Workshop facilitator, keynote speaker, writer, create, run and facilitate success teams working with Dr. Ron Jensen.
- Parachute, Inc. (2004 to 2006) Director, Career and Life Transition Programs. Workshop creator and instructor as well as career-transition and retention consultant for Parachute career transition programs. As Director of Parachute Associates, authored article for bi-weekly Parachute Associates newsletter focusing on
topics to assist coaches and counselors in the performance of their work. Supported transitioning employees cope effectively with the stressors of transition while creating action plans for their next steps.
- Live with Heart Owner. (2001 to 2004) Live with Heart’s mission was to support individuals and organizations in their pursuit of personal, professional and spiritual change. Live with Heart provided workshops, keynote presentations, tools, and coaching to uncover and define dreams, reveal limiting beliefs/behaviors, and transform lives to be more joyful, conscious and authentic. Worked with Professional and Family Caregivers, Cancer Patients and their families, Government and private organizations.
IMPACT!!! Owner. (1995 to 2004) Create and present workshops, coaching, speaker, training, as well as meeting and group facilitation in business and life skills. Training Topics: Creating a Healthy Workplace; Spirit at Work; Enhancing Communication Skills; Creativity at Work; Creating Your Organization’s Vision and Mission; Trust at Work; Effectively Organizing and Conducting Meetings; Handling Difficult People; Leadership Skills; Teams that Work; Moving from Burnout to Inspiration; Management of Change; Achieving Work/Life Balance; Time Management Skills; Conflict Resolution Skills; Building Community; Decision Making; and Humor at Work
- Graduate School USDA - Government National Training School. (1997 to 2004) Facilitated workshops on leadership, creativity, motivation, handling difficult people, contracting, negotiation and communication skills.
- Career Institute – (1999 to 2004) Career Mentor and Life Skills workshop presenter. Assisted youth in the Career Institute Youth Program on their life, school, and career goals. Worked with individuals who came to the Job Market on their career and life goals. Presented workshops on life, school and work topics as well as ran Success Teams. (www.CInow.org)
- University of Phoenix (UOP), Faculty - (1997 to 2003) Facilitated classes in management, communication, critical thinking, career growth skills, and decision-making. Recognized as an Outstanding Instructor, Univ. of Phoenix, Ontario Campus. A Master Teacher in the Uof P teacher-mentoring program.
- Employment with the Federal Government – (1974 to 1995) Contract Specialist /Administrator/ Writer/Negotiator/Team Leader of Procurement Teams/TQM Training. Created and administered contracts.
Prepared and conducted training programs. Team member of group that shut down Norton Air Force Base. Completed prestigious five-year upper level management intern program Copper Cap.