TUFF Emergency Chaplain Services ™
Tuff Emergency Chaplain services (TECS) is an interfaith ministry of presence and the arm of Emergency Ministries in Southern Nevada. We provide Chaplaincy services to Chaplains and other Clergy, Military Personnel, EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement and Dispatch agencies, "on-scene" and “behind scene” activities, in hospitals and hospice facilities, with an emphasis on critical incident stress assistance. We assist those unique individuals, who have a passion and calling to assist others, in these agencies that may be in danger. We focus on breaking the silence and asking the tough questions, while being sensitive to the fact that suicidal thoughts come with intense feelings of shame and guilt.
- These individuals are exposed to highly stressful situations during their daily routine duties.
- They have no control over the volume of calls they receive (Hospitals, Hospice, on Scene & Behind the Scene activities).
- They are often put in situations where they face overwhelming demands and requests.
- They risk being seriously injured or killed in the line of duty, depending on the calls received and involved activities.
- They may also witness a peer being injured or killed in the line of duty for the safety of others in our community.
- They do witness horrifying events: crashes, severe injuries and multiple death scenes -some include: infant deaths and entire families, sickness, Suicide, Abuse, Addiction overdose, disease and etc.
Being faced with these daily challenges, while fighting to ensure public safety, can have traumatic and lasting damage on the lives of our responders and their loved ones. In many cases, they sacrifice their physical and emotional well-being as well as their personal relationships with spouses, children and other family members. Anxiety, depression, PTSD, substance abuse and suicide are all dangers these men and women may be subjected to, even as they fight to keep us safe and out of harm’s way every day.
Issues with Seeking Help:
- Behavioral health issues are rarely addressed at the workplace/spiritual level.
- When workplace-counseling services are offered the number of visits is typically limited.
- These individuals do not trust general counseling services, because “they have no idea what they are going through.”
- Fear of lack of confidentiality utilizing support from within their agency.
Tuff Emergency Chaplain Services is here with comfort, guidance and support. Our services include free and confidential direct guidance, spiritual support, suicide prevention and intervention, one-on-one counseling sessions, group counseling sessions, peer support groups, marriage mediation and anything else required to provide the tools necessary in the time of need.
To provide interfaith chaplaincy services of presence to: Chaplains/Clergy, Military Personnel, EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement, Dispatch Agencies and Hospital and Hospice Facility personnel, "On-Scene and "Behind Scene" with an emphasis on critical incident stress assistance, with non-judgmental compassion and support.
Videos: "The Day In The Life Of First Responders"
Interested in becoming part of the Emergency Chaplain team? Contact us at: (702) 569-9901 or use the e-mail form below.
© 2018 Tuff Emergency Chaplain Services (TECS)™ *All Rights Reserved*